P.S. I love you - did you love it or hate it?  

Posted by: Unknown in , , , , ,




STORY

The story starts of with the two married couple who had an argument about Gerry (the husband) telling Holly's (the wife) mom that he is ready to have a baby but his wife Holly doesn't want a baby which made his wife mad at him. Due to lack of money to raise a child, Holly reminded her husband that they have already planned about this matter - to wait to have a baby until they could find an apartment and etc. After having an argument, the two were back again with passion saying sorry for what happened. The couple were very much in love with each other that it would break the world apart if one of them leaves.

One day, Gerry's life was taken due to brain cancer which in return made Holly's life miserably lonely. But a surprise just happened when a cake was delivered to her place on her 30th Birthday coming from Gerry with a recorder on it. By the time she played it, she heard the voice of her husband greeting her and said that he had planned about this -- that he would send Holly a series of 10 letters to guide her into her new life. It's a way of letting her know that he is still there for his wife to help her and also a way of slowly saying goodbye to her. In every letter that Gerry wrote for Holly, he always puts "P.S. I Love You." the end of his letters

CASTS

Hilary Swank as Holly Kennedy (The Main Character)
Gerard Butler as Gerry Clarke (Holly's Late Husband)
Lisa Kudrow as Denise Hennessey (Holly's Friend)
Gina Gershon as Sharon McCarthy (Holly's Best Friend)
James Marsters as John McCarthy (Sharon's Husband)
Kathy Bates as Patricia (Holly's Mother)
Harry Connick Jr. as Daniel Connolly (Holly's Friend)
Nellie McKay as Ciara Kennedy (Holly's Younger Sister)

The casts were pretty hilarious in a witty way in their comedy scenes and i love Hilary Swank's performance there, she really delivered the emotions of how she misses her husband so much and how lonely she was when he left her. I cried most of the scenes where she remembers Gerry. everyone made a very good performance which I couldn't give any negative comments about it.

SOUNDTRACK
  • The Pogues - Love You 'till the End
  • James Blunt - Same Mistake
  • NeedtoBreathe - More Time
  • Laura Izibor - Carousel
  • Hope - Fortress
  • Ryan Star - Last Train Home
  • Paolo Nutini - Rewind
  • Toby Lightman - My Sweet Song
  • Chuck Prophet - No Other Love
  • The Academy is... - Everything we had
  • The Stills - In the Beginning
  • Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave this World Alive
  • Nellie McKay - P.S. I Love You
  • John Powell - Kisses and Cake

The songs were so good. I love the mellow ones, it made my heart aches. It is perfectly fitted with the scenes and just made your emotions carry away with the songs. I'd like to have a copy of it too, if I could find one here though. I'd definitely buy it.

OVERALL COMMENT

At first, I thought this movie would be boring but right after watching the part of Gerry's death it made me think it was happening too fast but really, it isn't. It is quite sad while watching this movie, it even brought me to tears seeing Holly suffer such sadness where her beloved love of her life took God away from her. I am very becoming emotional watching this movie, not only it expresses how awful it is to lose somebody you love the most and being left out alone from this world but also it presents friendship and family values. No matter how "ALONE" you think you are, you will never be "ALONE." I also loved the ending, I thought its going to be a predictable one but it turned out to be not. I love how it ends. Just see for yourself.

MY BEST LINES


Holly
: Trying to figure out why God killed my husband.

Gerry: It's to tell you how much you moved me, how you changed me. You made me a man by loving you, Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful; literally. if you could promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad or unsure or you lose complete faith, let your triumphs see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor for being my wife. I am a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life Holly and I'm just one chapter in yours, there will be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one: Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal when life is you'll know it ends. P.S. I will always love you..

Holly: Dear Gerry, you said you wanted me to fall in love again and maybe one day I will, but there are all kinds of love out there. This is my one and only life and its a great and terrible shortened-endless thing and none of it comes out alive. I don't have a plan, except that its time for my mom to laugh again. She's never seen the world, she's never seen Ireland. So... I'm taking her back to where we started. Maybe now she'll understand. I don't know how you did it but you brought me back from the bed. I'll write you again. P.S. Guess What?

*also posted on my ciao account (superfluous)

This entry was posted on 5:03 AM and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment